Thursday, May 3, 2012

Here's what happened...

Why yes, I would love for you to make me feel better!
Why do my Doctors never look like this??

As I wrote yesterday, I was going to be taking my first visit to a Chiropractor yesterday afternoon. I have to say that it was not scary and I survived! I think after you have been pregnant and given birth, nothing can really compare to that! Plus, the Doctor is a friend of my Husbands and somehow that made me feel more at ease.

He started out by asking me a ton questions about my injury, previous surgeries, general health, etc. Not scary at all! Then it was time to hop on the table. He checked my alignment and then had me lie on a couch, where the adjustment happened. I managed to relax and not tense up so my back popped easily and didn't hurt me a bit. My upper back by my shoulder blade was also out, so he worked on that too. Overall, it was a good experience and I honestly had nothing to be so freaked out about. I really wish I had taken myself to a Chiro years ago after I had the really bad fall. Probably would have helped me a lot.

I am still in quite a bit of pain (I still resemble the Hunchback of Notre Dame) and am going back tomorrow morning for another adjustment. He said it will take a few days for the pain to die down but I should be fine in a week or so. I will also most likely go back two times next week for more adjstments, depending on how it looks tomorrow. My lower back is pretty swollen, so hoping the swelling goes down soon.

The Doc said I am not allowed to lift my kiddos, pull wet laundry out of the washer and NO YOGA!!! Damn! The laundry thing is kind of cool, but I know myself, I am not one to ask for help or let things pile up. It gives me anxiety! I am sure I am not the only woman out there who feels like that. I think it is in our DNA to not be able to ask for help. However, I realize I will need some help with kids as they are too heavy for me to lift, so my Mother In Law is going to stop by for a couple hours today and my sitter is coming tomorrow.

So, that's my update! Hope you have a great Thursday! Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! I have been constantly sick on my vacation (was in the ER last weekend, even) and if I didn't have family around to help with my son I don't know what I would do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I am sorry to hear you have been sick! What a bummer! Hope you are feeling better and having a good time with your fam!!

      Delete