Saturday, May 5, 2012

Let's talk about inspiration...

This past week has been kind of a downer due to my back injury but I am trying to not think about the fact that I have to take a break from working out. Instead, I am using this time to heal (and to learn how to walk again in a completely upright posistion, lol) and figure out what my next move is going to be training-wise.

I have been doing quite a bit of yoga (which I don't plan to stop doing) and really like how it makes me feel mentally and physically, but to be honest, I am CRAVING and missing the time I used to spend in the weight room at the gym. I started lifting weights a little in high school and have continued to do so off and on since then, and loved the feeling I got when I challenged myself to lift a bit heavier each time. There is nothing more satisfying to me (workout wise) than seeing my muscles get stronger and stronger.

So, I have been reading a few new books that I will tell you about soon, that have been inspiring me to get back to what my body truly loves...lifting weights!

Now don't think that I am talking about looking like the female version of The Incredible Hulk, that would be just a tad extreme (plus green really isn't my best color) ! I think bodies like this are most inspiring to me:

source jumpingjaxfitness.com


Seriously, how cute is she? This is Jamie Eason and I think she looks incredible! My goal is to get my abs to look like that...a little hard work is all it takes, right?! I may even have had a hair cut (but definitely not body!) similar to hers a few years back...


Ha ha, I think I was about six and a half months pregnant with Ava at the time! Ok, sorry back to the topic at hand! 

Where else do I find inspiration? I love to read Oxygen magazine! There are a ton of different workouts, eating tips and just general good advice. Jamie also writes articles for Oxygen that are always full of great information!


If you have never read this mag before, I really recommend picking up a copy! 

Workout videos can also inspire me. Seeing what the instuctors of the videos have done with their bodies always makes me want to push myself a little bit harder. This is my all time fave video:


Kettlebells will whip you into shape!
Such a great workout!

Lastly, these two little monsters inspire me to be healthy and keep myself fit:

Total Mama's Boy :)

My darling angel <3



What inspires you to keep going on days when you would rather sit and eat ice cream instead of doing something physical? Share with me! I love to hear what makes others inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment