Saturday, April 14, 2012

Yoga Saturday


This past week I have really made an effort in the working out/fitness/healthy eating department. I started a new "diet" called The Yoga Body Diet this past Monday. I am going to give it a bit longer before I review or give any thoughts. The Yoga Body Diet is a book by Kristen Schultz Dollard and John Douillard, DC, PhD. I purchased it from athleta.com. I will get more in-depth about it in a few more days. It is a very interesting concept. Has anyone out there tried this diet? Let me know how it worked for you.

I went to a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class this morning at a newer studio here in Santa Maria, Tree Top Yoga. It was such a great class and challenged me! There is a level 2 Vinyasa Class that I am going to work my way up to. I have really been loving Yoga. Going to classes at a studio and practicing at home with my Rodney Yee DVD has really brought my stress level down and happiness level way up!

I also managed to get in a decent run on the treadmill at the gym this week along with some Kettlebell work. So, I would say I did a decent job of working on my health and fitness this week. It is easy to lose motivation to keep yourself healthy and fit when you have kids, I know, I am totally there right now! It is important to take care of yourself and set a good example of healthy eating and living for your kids. Make time to take care of you!

What are your favorite ways to break a sweat? Do you workout at home with DVD's or run outside? Or do you like going to a gym? Share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment