Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Super Easy Bronzey Makeup

Now that Spring is starting to (hopefully) stick around and the weather is starting to warm up, it's time to freshen up your makeup! The easiest, and my favorite way to is to do an all-over goldey-bronzey (yes, I just made that up) look. Here is how to create this look I did on myself:


Apply your normal moisturizer/primer/foundation/concealer/powder as usual. You may want to get a slightly darker shade as your skin may be a bit darker due to being outside more. Also, you may want a lighter formulation of foundation, something not as heavy as you might normally use in the winter.

Choose your bronzer:

These are my two favorites, top one is The High Dive by Bare Minerals. This has no shimmer or sparkle. Perfect for all over the face and neck or to use a contour shade. I use the brush pictured and apply all over my face. Concentrating on my cheeks and down the center of my nose.



This next bronzer is from MAC and is a Mineralize Skinfinish Powder. This has a tiny bit of shimmer to it so I tend to use it on days when I am going to apply it mostly to my cheeks. It is a wonderful product though. Great pigmentation.


Lastly, after bronzer has been applied, I put a tiny bit of pink blush on my cheeks. This one is the Amazonian Clay blush by Tarte. Lasts for 12 hours, not on me so much due to my oily skin, but it is pretty long wearing, none the less. The shade here is dollface.


Now it's time to apply eye makeup. The shade I am wearing is Amber Lights by MAC. This is an awesome gold shade and really makes eyes pop. I also recommend the Physicians formula palette in Sunset Strip/Bronzer. I would use the middle shade to recreate this look.

Physicians Formula Palette
After applying your shadow, line eyes with a black eyeliner pencil. A thin line will give your eyes just enough definition. I also line my water line and it's up to you if you want to do that. I usually only line just a bit on my lower eyelids as well, mostly the outer corners. Add your favorite mascara and eyes are done!



Now onto lips! I always have some clear chapstick on underneath any other lip products to moisturize. Then I put Revlon Lip Butter in the shade Creme Brulee on top.
Revlon Lip Butter Creme Brulee 095
It looks a bit orange here, I promise it's not
(photo from google images)
Lastly, you can top that with some clear gloss in the center of your bottom lip, or you can do what I did, which was put a gloss from Victorias Secret's Beauty Rush line in the shade Pink Lemonade on top. And that's it! Super easy and fresh looking!



2 comments:

  1. You mentioned oily skin- check out Urban Decay's De-Slick spray. Spray before & after applying makeup and it's amazing. Due to no longer being oily my makeup lasts longer and I have not been breaking out.

    Sadly, yesterday I flew to NC and my brand new XL bottle is missing from my luggage along with a "TSA Searched This Bag" notice. And I know for a fact it was in there and is missing, not simply forgotten :( I almost cried. That's how much I love this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want to try that Bare Minerals High Dive. I need a good bronzer that isnt sparkly!! That De-slick spray sounds amazing. I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete